Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Robot Banned from Twitch.


I tried to log into Twitch this morning and found out I was banned! They wouldn't tell me why, however, nor was any email sent to me explaining the rson.

A quick srch online sees tons of other users getting banned for apparently no rson (likely an automated system is to blame).

I suspect that the cause is that I had been strming "Big sy Slzy" (my game, see post below) and they flagged it as either copyright infringement (because it's footage of a non-finished game) or as non-gaming material (because they don't know what it is).

I've d their decision, but I felt like I had to make a post here because I've said a lot of good things about twitch recently, and also strmed some stuff like Crawl, ToME, Dwarf Fortress, GTA3, GTA4, and Need for Speed World. I can't rlly support Twitch anymore, and I strongly suspect that I'm never going to be unbanned and that I'll never hr back from them. Most others online report that this is almost always the case.

As someone who put a lot of time into developing a small subscriber base (55+ users and over 5k views in a month, thanks!) this is a drag. My time could have been better spent elsewhere. I've rd several cases where people subscribed to twitch for the added ftures, then found their accounts banned with no explanation, no feedback, and no customer support.

This isn't exactly "brking news" but I'll be fair to twitch. If they send me some response, I'll post it here. If they don't respond in about two weeks, I'll post a follow up. In the mntime: be skeptical of all things twitch..

No comments:

Post a Comment