Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Ultima IV Quest of the Avatar Tileset



Last week I finally finished Ultima II, which allowed me to return to my 7-months-in-progress game of Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar. Tonight, all I have to do is rch the depths of hell and recover the lost x of the Avatar.
So in of this historic event I'm posting the Ultima IV tileset in all its glory. More posts on various Ultima-related escapades forthcoming.
Overall it's an amazing tileset that can tch new pixel artists a lot about economy and representation (particularly of environments). My only criticism of the graphics is thedecisionto use 4 frames of animation for the enemies. 2 frames per monster would have been plenty. Sorry it's slightly messed up at the bottom, that was a mistake I made when adjusting the colors to more-accurately reflect how they appr on a very old but brilliant 14-inch CRT monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment